Sony FX3 Hire Packages | Full Frame Cinema Camera
R2, 190 – R6, 450 incl VAT
Several Sony FX3 Hire configuration options are available, so you can choose exactly the gear you need. Scroll down to compare packages.
Features: Full-Frame CMOS Exmor R Sensor with a dynamic range of 15+ stops. UHD 4K recording at 120 frames per second and 1080p at 240fps.
Application: An amazingly compact full-frame camera which produces cinematic footage. Shallow depth of field gives a great “Film Like” look, good for documentaries, music videos, weddings & those special Interviews.
Sony FX3 Hire Packages Comparisons Chart
What is the FX3?
The Sony FX3 is a full frame mirrorless style camera. While having a small form factor it is designed to delivery cinematic footage. The minimal profile body makes it extremely easy to travel with, and to hold and carry for long periods of time. To improve the handling and hold-ability, while still allowing for customisation and accessories, this body has a "cage-free" design, indicating the ability to secure various accessories directly to the camera body. While it is small and portable, the FX3 features all of the imaging attributes you'd expect as it borrows from both the Cinema Line and Alpha series of cameras.
- Flexible, streamlined, 5 x 3 x 3" form
- Comfortable, cage-free, handheld operation with option to add a cage
- Right-handed controls feature placement consistent with the rest of the Cinema Line
- ¼ inch accessory threads on the FX3 body plus two on the top handle
- 3" LCD with 1,440,000-dot resolution tilts for optimal viewing
- Intuitive touchscreen menu
- Customizable buttons for assigning 15 controls and up to 140 menu items
- Tally (record) lights are easily viewable on the top, front, and rear of the camera
- Dual CFexpress Type A/SD slots
- Relay, simultaneous, and backup recording
- Zoom lever with customizable zoom setting plus Clear Image Zoom *for compatible lenses only
The Sensor and Recording Options
The Sony FX3 has an amazing back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor. This runs through the BIONZ XR processor. What you get is an incredible dynamic range which is greater than 15 stops. The sensor's BSI design heightens clarity and sensitivity, with an expandable ISO 80-409600 range. The sensor and processor also work together to greatly reduce rolling shutter and the sensor's design incorporates a Fast Hybrid AF system for intelligent and quick focusing performance and subject tracking. Sony features the most impressive autofocusing systems on the market right now. Aside from the amazing sensor performance it also features 5-axis in-body image stabilization for smoother footage. This sensor and processor allow for some impressive video footage in terms of the quality options available to you. The FX3 can capture UHD 4K video with internal 10-bit 4:2:2 sampling or 16-bit raw output. You have multiple color and tonal control options like S-Cinetone mode which can be used for matching to VENICE, FX9, or FX6 sources and there is also S-Log3/2 gamut support and 10-bit HLG for simple HDR productions.
- Full-frame, back-illuminated 12.1MP Exmor R CMOS sensor and BIONZ XR processor
- High-speed rates of 120p in 4K and 240p in HD (Up to 5x slow-motion rates )
- Dynamic range of 15+ stops
- S-Cinetone, S-Log3, S-Log2, HLG, and Rec. 709 gamma options, and 10-bit 4:2:2: support help to maintain rich gradation and color compatible with the range of Sony Cinema Line cameras
- Up to 600 Mb/s XAVC S-I ALL-I H.264 codec recording
- External, 16-bit raw raw output via HDMI, 10-bit 4:2:2 output via HDMI type-A port
- 8-bit XAVC S or 10-bit XAVC HS proxy capture
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization
- 80 to 409,6000 ISO range (expanded) Default S-Cinetone color setting provides a softer-toned look with beautiful skin tone reproduction
- Multiple autofocusing modes are designed for solo shooting
- Fast Hybrid AF uses 627 points to cover approximately 89% of the image frame
- Real-Time Eye AF, Eye and Face Detection, and subject Touch Tracking
Sony FX3 Hire: Other Great Features and Audio
The Sony FX3 has an XLR handle unit, which greatly helps with the holding, control and stability of handheld shooting. It also allows for full sized XLR audio inputs to add sound sources or on camera mic audio to the recorded footage. This helps the camera to be far more like a video camera while maintaining the size of a mirrorless camera. The audio inputs are XLR-1/4" TRS combo audio inputs, so you can directly plug XLR or Jack audio connections into the handle. There is also a mini jack port as audio input 3. This camera is has the most widely compatible audio input array we have ever seen. To further enhance that ease of use this camera offers an articulating 3.0" touchscreen LCD. Previous Sony mirrorless cameras had tilting screens but this is fully articulated which provides a lot more possible options. The camera offers wireless connectivity as you would expect in a modern tool of this kind. Also worth mentioning is the ability to use information from the Stabilization of the E-Mount Lenses, and using the data as stabilizing info during post-production.
- Greater than 1.6x battery runtime compared to a7S II
- USB-PD power option for extended shooting times
- Internal fan to prevent overheating
- Top handle with two XLR-1/4" TRS combo audio inputs
- Microphone holder and 3.5mm mic input
- Digital audio with up to 4-channel, 24-bit recording
- Contoured for comfortable low-angle shooting
- An integrated cooling fan and a heat-dissipating design enable uninterrupted recording up to 4K60
- Magnesium-alloy chassis and shell
- Sealed against inclement weather and dust
- Dual-band 2.4/5 GHz wireless connectivity
- Wired LAN link using the USB Type-C port and a separate adapter
- Sony's Catalyst Prepare/Browse software uses shake metadata to stabilize your image
- Adjustable balance between shake compensation and image area trimming
Sony FX3 Basic Kit, Sony FX3 Full Kit, Sony FX3 with Sony 24-105mm G Lens, Sony FX3 Body Only, Sony FX3 Double Up Package